Monday, January 11, 2016

My New Year Resolution

It's a new year again. 2015 was an awesome year for so many reasons, while 2016 is pregnant with so many opportunities.

At the office today I got talking with a colleague and the topic of activities outside of work (hobbies) came up.

COLLEAGUE: Loves music and plays instruments

ME: Ummm...I used to write but currently I don't do much outside of work except for looking for ways of making money (does that qualify as a hobby?)

This got me thinking about what I could do as a hobby...a proper hobby..apart from looking for new ways of making money to supplement my salary (still asking myself if this doesn't qualify as a hobby).

So I got on Google to search for activities classified as hobbies which I can start up (yea I know...its unprofessional to be doing this during work hours but my 'hobby' life desperately needs help since I'm still not sure that seeking ways to make more money qualifies as a hobby).

From my search I settled on the following:

a) Blogging: Already on it but I'm very inconsistent. Trust me I could come up with about seventeen valid reasons in a heartbeat as to why I inconsistent.
b) Web Design: For years I've told myself that I'd learn this skill but I've been procrastinating.


NEW YEAR RESOLUTION:
a) Blogging: Post to my blog at least every week (fingers crossed).
b) Web Design: Commence a web designing course before March 2016

By the way, I'm classifying 'thinking up ways of making money' as a hobby!




No comments:

Post a Comment